If you attended the first Council meeting of the year or viewed the streaming video you have some idea of my perspective on the national/global economic situation and its implications for our own local economy. I, on the other hand, don’t know much about *your* impressions of these same events and processes. What’s more, they seem to be unfolding at a rapid pace so that this week’s version may be significantly different from that which I described in my Jan. 6th State of the City presentation.
Therefore, if you care to share, I would like to know the following:
1. What is the current condition of the U.S. and world economic system and where is it trending, so far as you can tell?
2. How much faith do you have in our government’s efforts to deal with this situation, both those of the Bush administration and President Obama’s proposed actions so far as you understand them/
3. How are these external forces affecting Ashland’s economy?
4. How bad do you think things could get before they ‘turn the corner’?
5. To what degree do you think, Ashlanders in general share your views described above?
I look forward to hearing from you.