May 16, 2011 Budget Committee Meeting
The Budget Committee met for the “wrap up” session.
May 17, 2011 Regular Meeting
Special Presentations & Awards
The Council heard a presentation from SOU students on their work studying the Wildfire Zone.
Consent items were approved including:
1. Minutes of the Boards, Commissions and Committees
2. Appointments to the Firewise Commission
3. Authorized the solicitation of formal bids and proposals for three public works projects
4. A proposal and award of a contract for architectural services to Straus & Seibert Architects in an amount not to exceed $94,020 for architectural services related to remodeling of the Grove to serve as a police station.
5. Appointment of the City Attorney
6. Five of eight proposals to be submitted to the ad hoc Homelessness Task Force (three proposals will not be submitted including limited sidewalk use, free camping and portable toilets)
7. A letter from the Conservation Committee to DEQ supporting minimal financial impact in the permitting process of Grey Water Systems
8. The Police Department applying for a grant from the US Department of Justice Office of Community Oriented Policing for one additional officer to engage in community policing activities.
VIII. 1. Public Hearing on a request to terminate a pedestrian easement in the Oaks subdivision. Council approved terminating a portion of a pedestrian access easement on Lot 9 in the Oaks of Ashland subdivision.
VIII. 2. Public Hearing on two requests for supplemental budget for Water Fund.
Council approved a resolution adopting a supplemental budget establishing appropriations for an inter-fund loan within the 2010-11 budget.
VIII. 3. Public Hearing on appeal of a land use approval for 163 Hitt Road.
Council affirmed the decision of the Planning Commission, rejected the appeal and directed staff to prepare findings for adoption.
X.1.Lease on Imperatrice Property.
This item was delayed to a future meeting.
XI.1. Lease of City property for parking for Caldwell Chiropractic.
Council approved a lease to Caldwell Chiropractic for parking of property the City acquired for the eventual realignment of the Hersey/ Wimer/ North Main intersection.
XI.2. Special Events Permitting and Fees.
Council heard a brief presentation on temporary fee structure for special events. Council directed staff to schedule a public hearing on the proposed temporary fees and to move forward to develop a new Special Events Permit ordinance.