July 18, 2011 Study Session
Council discussed the Urban Renewal Feasibility Study.
July 19, 2011 Regular Meeting
John Williams of the Forest Lands Commission and Fire Chief John Karns presented the new Ashland Creek Watershed map. The commission intends to use the map as an educational tool to heighten community awareness of the watershed.
Consent items were approved including:
1. Minutes of the Housing Commission from March 23. 2011
2. The award of two public contracts for janitorial services.
3. An extension of an existing contract for legal services with Douglas McGeary.
4. A lease amendment to the existing Civil Air Patrol (CAP) lease.
5. The award of a public contract to L.N. Curtis & Sons for fire hose and related equipment.
6. The request to use an alternative contracting approach (solicitation process) for fuel purchases.
7. Authorized signature of an IGA with Jackson County for building inspection services.
VIII.1. Resolution updating miscellaneous fees and charges.
Council approved a Resolution Adopting a Miscellaneous Fees and Charges Document and Repealing Prior Fee Resolutions 2001-05, 2007-34, and 2008-29 and the Hourly Service Charge Section of Resolution 1999-29. Councilor Morris asked whether the City should reduce the fees associated with placing overhead electric lines underground to encourage underground lines.
VIII.2. Lease of the Lithia Springs Property (Ashland Gun Club Lease) .
Council approved an Order authorizing the lease of real property to the Ashland Gun Club under the terms of a lease negotiated with the Ashland Gun Club and included in the packet..
XI.1. Economic Development Strategy.
Council adopted the Economic Development Strategy. Council added a requirement for an annual update of the strategy each year and adopted a motion for the staff to report quarterly on progress on the strategy.
XI.2. Effluent Temperature Preferred Option.
Council approved the recommendation to use riparian shading as the preferred option for both the “near field” and “far field” temperature requirements for wastewater effluent.