Dear Ashland Citizens,
On November 29, the Ashland Police hosted a community forum at the Ashland High School and provided an update on the investigation into the murder of David Michael Grubbs.
At that meeting I invited citizens to contact me with suggestions on how we can look out for each other during these difficult times.
Some of the suggestions I’ve received including placing lights on the bike path, installing a memorial bench and opportunities for the public to contribute to the reward.
If you have more ideas, please feel free to call me at 541-552-2104 and leave a voice mail message for me.
Below is a list of suggestions I have received. This list will continue to be added to as new suggestions are submitted.
Stay safe and I look forward to hearing from you.
John Stromberg, Mayor
How can we look out for one another?
- Lights on the bike path
- Memorial bench on pike path
- Public contributions to reward fund
- Remove Parks & Recreation maintenance shed at parking lot entrance to bike path
- Conduct a security evaluation by the Ashland Police Deparment of the bike path - inform community of risky areas
- Hold a Community Safety Seminar
- Encourage Neighborhood meetings/block parties
- Promote the VIPS program (Volunteers in Police Service)
- Alter Transportation Commission's mission to include community safety and security
- Hold a Take Back the Night style event on the bike path