Study Session of December 19, 2011
The Study Session was cancelled.
City Council Meeting of December 20, 2011
Council met in an executive session to discuss real property transaction pursuant to ORS 192.660 (2)(e)
VII. Consent Agenda
Consent items were approved including:
1. Approval of the minutes for the Conservation Commission Meetings of Oct 26 and Nov 19.
2. Council is asked to approve a Liquor License Application from Emil McMillan Jr., dba McMillan’s Hong Kong Bar at 23 North Main Street. The applicant complies with all City rules and regulations.
3. Council is asked to approve the Mayor’s appointment of Tobin Fisher to the Historic Commission with a term to expire April 30, 2014.
4. Council is asked to approve the Mayor’s appointment of Richard Kaplan to the Planning Commission with a term to expire April 30, 2015.
5. Council is asked to approve a Sole Source Procurement for the acquisition of Itron electric meters. The City of Ashland uses Itron meter reading equipment and software, which requires a readable Itron electric meter. The Council approved a Sole Source Procurement for Itron meters on March 17, 2009 for a term of three years. This approval is due to expire on December 31, 2011. We continue to use these meters, equipment and software.
X. Unfinished Business
1. Recology Rate Increase.
Council approved a Resolution authorizing an interim rate increase of 7.5% increase and a 20% increase to the current discount for customers with commercial bin service for high volume/high frequency services for calendar year 2012. The interim increases accounts for an 11.2% increases in revenue for Recology.
The City will review current services and discounts provided by Recology; propose franchise agreement revisions to reflect a formula for rate increases hereafter and current best practices for solid waste collection; and, seek a mutual agreement with Recology on a subsequent rate increase and on priorities for solid waste collection services.
2. Pedestrian Overlay Ordinance.
Council reviewed sections of the Pedestrian Overlay that apply throughout the City, and those that apply in the Pedestrian Overlay and Detail Site Review Zone and those that apply exclusively to the Pedestrian Overlay. The Council to again review the Pedestrian Overlay Ordinance particularly focusing on those sections, which are city-wide regulations.
3. EV Charging Station.
Council approved the Charging Site Host Agreement with ECOtality North America to participate in a pilot project for the installation and use of EV Charging units in two city-owned parking lots.
XI. New and Miscellaneous Business
1. City Investment Policy.
Council reviewed and approved the City Investment Policy.
2. Appointments to Budget Committee.
Council approved the Mayor’s appointments to the City Budget Committee.
XII. Ordinances, Resolutions and Contracts
1. Second Reading to Reduce Members of the Planning and Housing Commissions.
Council approved second reading of an Ordinance which amends AMC Chapter 2.12 and Chapter 2.19 Reducing the Number of Established Members on the Planning Commission and Housing Commission.
XIII. Other Business From Council Members/Reports From Council Liaisons
1. Wildlife Issues.
Council requested that this item be placed on a future Study Session.