Study Session of January 16, 2012
Due to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday, the Study Session has been cancelled. Enjoy your evening.
City Council Meeting of January 17, 2012
VI. SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS AND AWARDS
1. Peace House Appreciation Day Mayor Stromberg read a proclamation declaring January 26, 2012 as Peace House Appreciation Day.
2. Universal Right to Education Day Councilor Voisin read a proclamation declaring the third Monday in January as Universal Right to Education Day.
VII. CONSENT AGENDA
Consent items were approved including:
1. Minutes of Boards, Commission and Committees.
2. A liquor license Application from Steve Hoxmeier dba IDA’s at 475 A Street. The business complies with all city regulations pursuant to AMC Chapter 6.32.
3. An exemption from the competitive bidding process to award contract to Dennis Bleser of Bleser Construction for professional installation of playground equipment in Lithia Park. Playground equipment is being purchased from State Contract #9786 for Lithia Park. Dennis Bleser of Bleser Construction is the local authorized installer of this equipment. Having the equipment installed by an authorized installer limits the liability to the City therefore, the request to approve this exemption and contract. The contract is in the amount of $7,900.00.
VIII. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Council approved the selection criteria for the City Administrator Selection Process as presented by staff.
IX. PUBLIC FORUM
1. Thomas Lethroth requested Council waive the $350 permit fee for an SOU political rally. Staff will review the request and place the item on the next agenda.
XI. NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
1. Council heard an update on Council Goal on Economic Development to increase the clarity, responsiveness and certainty of the development process by using the plans previously provided by Zucker and Siegel.
XII. ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
1. Council approved a Resolution Establishing a Streetside Memorial Marker and directed staff to remove “residential” from section 3B.
2. Council approved a Resolution Establishing a Reward Fund for information resulting in the apprehension and conviction of persons responsible for the murder of David Michael Grubbs.