6:00 p.m. Study Session
I. Council discussed the procedure and scoring system for the Citizen Budget committee, sub-committee to use in evaluating grant applications for these grants.
6:30 p.m. Executive Session
Council help an executive session pursuant to ORS 192.660 to consider the employment of a Public Officer.
7:00 Regular City Council Meeting
VII. Consent Agenda
Council approved the following items:
1. Approval of minutes of Board and Commissions
2. Approval of IGA to Acquire Aerial Photos for City mapping
3. Appointments of Council Liaisons
4. Amendment to 2010 Fund Exchange Agreement No. 26612 for the Laurel Street Safe Route to School Project.
5. Review of 2013 Mayor and Council Budget.
6. Installation of a mural on Enders Alley
7. Disposal of surplus transformers and contract award to Transformer Technologies.
8. An IGA for Accela Automation Software for electronic building permit and plan review
9. A Request for Historic Preservation Grant
10. Extension of the Refrigerator/Freezer Recycling Program
VII. Public Hearings
1. Council approved the purchase of 2,773 square feet of land along Ashland Creek for a future trail to be developed by Parks. The total estimate of the purchase is $23,532.
2. Council approved the transfer of city-owned housing property to the Parks Department in exchange for $125,059.
X. Unfinished Business
1. Council did not support the creation of a resolution of a constitutional amendment to eliminate “personhood” for corporations and unions. Council directed staff to prepare a resolution addressing campaign expenditures limitations.
XI New Business1. Council approved the appointment of Dave Kanner as City Administrator.
2. Council adopted the Operations Guide for Commission and Committees.
XII. Ordinances, Resolutions, and Contracts
1. Council approved the Resolution Allocating Anticipated TOT Revenues and directed staff to clarify expenditures of the 10% for City economic development programs must first be approved by Council.
2. Council approved the Resolution Relating to the Expenditure of Monies for the Economic Cultural, Sustainable Grants Resolution; to add to the Resolution a 4th category relating to tourism and to include the scoring criteria put forth by staff.