June 6, 2011 Study Session
Council heard a report from Jeff Tashman and Nancy Guitteau about the preliminary information about the boundaries, market potential, and revenue potential for Croman, the railroad district, and the downtown as part of the Feasibility Study for urban renewal for these areas. The next part of the report will be presented at the July 18, 2011 study session.
June 7, 2011 Regular Meeting
Executive Session. Council met in an Executive Session to discuss property, labor negotiations, and pending litigation.
1. Ashland citizens are invited to join with the Ashland Elks and pledge allegiance to the Flag and Nation on Flag Day, June 14 at noon in the Plaza
2. The Ashland High School students traveling to Guanajuato gave a brief presentation.
Consent items were approved including:
1. Minutes of the Boards, Commissions and Committees
2. Appointment of Mike Morris as Council Liaison to the Firewise Commission
3. A $10,500 contract amendment with KAS & Associates for the Jefferson Ave. project
4. An exemption from the competitive bid process and directly award a contract for graphic design services for Park projects
5. An IGA with the Oregon Department of Aviation for the 2011 pavement maintenance program
6. An exemption from the competitive bid process and directly award a contract to CVO Electrical Systems
7. Appointment of Catherine Gould to the Conservation Commission.
VIII. 1. Public Hearing on adoption of the Budget for FY 2011-2012.
1. A Resolution adopting the annual budget with modifications recommended by staff to address carry over projects and new capital projects.
2. A Resolution declaring the City’s election to receive state revenues
3. A Resolution certifying the City provides sufficient municipal services to qualify for State subventions
4. First reading of an Ordinance levying taxes for the period of July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2012 for a sum of $9,997,229.
Council also directed staff to schedule a brief meeting with members of the Budget Committee prior to the next Council meeting to accept the recommendations of the Social Services and Economic and Cultural Grant sub committees of the full Budget Committee.
VIII. 2. Public Hearing on appeal of a land use approval for 260 First Street.
Council rejected the appeal, finding that the appeal was not appropriately filed, and affirmed the Planning Commission’s decision to approve the project.
X.1. Lease on Imperatrice Property.
Council approved the lease with Standing Stone Brewing Company. Council directed staff to look into leasing the remaining Imperatrice property located above the TID canal.
X.2. Adoption of Findings for 163 Hitt Road Appeal.
Council adopted the findings as presented.
XI.1. Resolution implementing GASB 54.
Council approved the Resolution implementing GASB 54.
XIII. Co-sponsorship of SOPride Event.
Council approved the request that the City co-sponsor the SO Pride event this October.