October 31, 2011 – Study Session
No meeting was held.
November 1, 2011 - Regular Meeting
1) County Commissioner Don Skundrick thanked the City of Ashland for its participation and commitment to the Regional Problem Solving process.
2) Councilor Slattery introduced the SOU student body president and vice president.
Consent items were approved including:
1. Minutes of the Boards, Commissions and Committees
2. Applications and matching funds to two Assistance Fire Fighter Grants including one for an aerial ladder truck and for a personal protection equipment and radiation monitoring.
3. The appointment of Councilor Silbiger as the Council Liaison to the Ashland Community Hospital Board.
4. The results of the sale of General Obligation bonds for construction of Fire Station #2.
5. A resolution to adjust budget appropriations for changes in operational expenses, reestablishing a police officer and firefighter positions which were cut in 2008.
6. A Liquor License Application from Kevin Dikes dba Cebolla Bar and Grill at 1951 Ashland Street.
VIII.1. Public hearing and first reading of an ordinance to consider amending the development standards for wireless communication facilities.
Council delayed First Reading of the ordinance and directed staff to prepare language on the procedures to engage a 3rd party for verification and analysis of applications for rooftop wireless communication facilities.
VIII.2. Public hearing and first reading of an ordinance amending the Zoning Map and Ashland Land Use Ordinance to implement the recommendations of the Pedestrian Places Project.
1) Council approved first reading of an ordinance amending the City of Ashland Zoning Map to Add a Pedestrian Places Overlay map proposed by the Planning Commission and move to second reading on November 15.
2) Council approved first reading of an ordinance amending the Ashland Municipal Code Creating a New Chapter 18.56 Overlay Zones and the Planning Commission recommendation for shadow plan allowance and diagram and move to second reading on November 15.
3) Council approved first reading of an ordinance amending the Ashland Municipal Code 18.72.080 Site Design and Use Standards Implementing the Recommendation of the Pedestrian Places Project and the Planning Commission recommendation for shadow plans allowance and diagram and move to second reading on November 15.
4) Council approved first reading of an ordinance amending AMC 18,08,651, 18.12.020, 18.68.050, 18.72.030, 18.72.080, 18.72.090, 18.88, 18.88.080, 19.92, 18.108, 060 AND 18.18.080 of the Ashland Municipal Code and Land Use Ordinance Implementing the Recommendation of the Pedestrian Places Project and the Planning Commission recommendation of a shadow plan and design and move to second reading on November 15.
X.1. First Reading of Ordinance Amending Comprehensive Plan to Adopt Buildable Lands Inventory (BLI).
Council approved first reading of an ordinance amending the City of Ashland Comprehensive plan to adopt the Buildable Lands Inventory as a supporting document, and move to second reading.
X.2. Resolution replacing annual budget process with biennial approach.
Council approved a Resolution to implement a biennial budget for FY 2012/13.
XI.1. Contract with JBR Environmental Consultants, Inc.
Council approved a contract with JBR Environmental Consultants, Inc, in the amount of $49,080 to conduct additional soil and groundwater sampling, testing and monitoring at the Lithia Springs property.
XI.2. Appointment of Council Liaison to the Mount Ashland Association Board (MAA).
Council appointed Councilor Slattery as the Council Liaison to the MAA Board.
XI.3. First Quarter Financial Report.
Council approved the First Quarter Financial Report
XIII. Other Business from the Council.
Council requested staff develop guidelines on for City –sponsored events and agreed not to reimburse expenses for the Climate Change event.